December 12, 2022
Evaluate your digital marketing efforts with these 20 questions
Implementing a digital marketing strategy is not the end of a campaign’s life cycle. To really ensure the success of your strategies, evaluating their performance is crucial.
In fact, it’s one of the most important factors in your success.
Let us tell you why.
Picture this example
Say you launched a marketing campaign for an upcoming sale of your products. You employ influencers, you publish social media posts, and you invest in product search ads.
Come sale day, consumers flock to your stores in small numbers. It’s not what you expected; in fact, it fell short of what your marketing efforts intended.
What do you do?
Do you brush off the setbacks and move on to the next campaign? Yes, you can do that. But that won’t address the errors; if they stay undiscussed, they’re bound to pop up again.
To avoid this, what you can do is recall the marketing choices you made and investigate where you could’ve done better. Your future campaigns depend on these crucial steps.
Looking back sets your direction ahead
Before you launch any campaign, you’re expected to take on the work of seeing what could go wrong or what could be improved. But not everyone has the benefit of foresight or experience to predict the tweaks that need to be done to the existing digital marketing strategies.
In some cases, you’ll just have to let the campaign run its course. After it does, you are now presented with the full picture; analytic data from your campaigns essentially provide you with everything you need to know.
With that information, you can determine factors that influenced the amount of your sales or the scope of your reach. Pinpointing these factors can help you craft a stronger strategy that eliminates your previous errors and improves on aspects that can be enhanced.
If your most recent campaign did not deliver the results you wanted, you investigate it thoroughly to avoid tripping on the same pitfalls.
However, it also pays to analyze successful campaigns. This gives you plenty of ideas of what strategies work with your audience and provides insights on how you can further refine those game plans for more triumphs in the future.
How do you evaluate digital marketing performance?
Going back to our previous example, the small amount of conversions can be traced to your marketing efforts. As with your real life experiences, when evaluating your marketing performance you need to ask yourself these questions:
Regarding your goals
Part of the strategy creation is establishing goals, which outlines what you want to achieve with your campaign.
Reviewing your goals from day one can help contextualize the results of your marketing efforts.
- In context of the goals you set for the campaign, how did the your efforts perform?
- Were all your objectives met?
- Which particular goals were tougher to achieve?
- Looking at what you achieved for your recent campaign, what goals should you strive for in the next one?
- What method errors from the current campaign do you not want to emulate in subsequent campaigns?
- What best practices have you learned today that you want to implement again?
- Did the results of the campaign deliver the ROI you were aiming for?
- Are there financial decisions that need to be refined to better maximize your budget for future campaigns?
Comparing your marketing strategies
Digital marketing comes in many forms. You have a vast range of strategies you can implement from social media advertising, pay-per-click campaigns, or influencer management.
Looking at all the strategies you implemented side-by-side and individually can aid in finetuning your overall digital presence.
- Which of the strategies you implemented performed best?
- Are there strategies that you’re better off not implementing?
- Which types of content garnered more engagement?
- Which types of content should you focus more resources on?
- Which channels drove more traffic than others?
- What online marketing avenues would you want to explore in your next campaigns?
Looking at your audience
At the core of all marketing campaign is the consumers. After all, their engagement determines whether your efforts are even worth it.
Assessing how your audience interacted with your advertisements provides you with chances to improve your relationship with them.
- What are your target consumers saying about your campaign?
- Are there more positive feedback than negative ones?
- How has your consumers’ perception about your brand changed following your most recent campaign?
- How did the digital marketing team handle the feedback as the campaign was running?
- What can be improved in terms of customer service and connection building?
And for the last question: Do you need help?
We get it. There’s a lot to look at when evaluating your digital marketing performance. From a distance, promoting your brand online should be a walk in the park. But up close, it’s actually hard work.
That’s why there’s no shame in asking for help. In most cases, that comes in the form of outsourcing services.
Here at iTworks Global Solutions, we’re all (helping) hands on deck when it comes to our clients. Composed of dedicated teams of digital experts, we offer a variety of marketing services. From content creation to marketing campaign management, we can help you with it all.
iTworks Global Solutions is a seasoned outsourcing company in the Philippines equipped to handle both large-scale and small-scale projects. From established brands to budding startups, we’re ready to be of assistance.
If you’re looking to revamp your digital marketing strategy, we’re the team for you. Drop us a line on any of our official channels and we’ll jumpstart that journey ASAP.